Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Interns 2008

Hello, my name is Anna Renzetti and I am this summer’s PR and marketing intern. I can’t believe it is only the third week and already I have learned so much. Coming from Salt Lake City, Utah to Bellingham for school and now to Seattle for work has been such a crazy transition for me. Everyone said I should be scared to enter the “real world” but truthfully I have never felt more ready to do something real with myself. Working with Seattle Children’s Theatre so far has made me realize how many people are involved in getting a play on stage. I’ve learned how important it is to have people promoting shows, educating actors, getting sponsors, answering phone calls, and most importantly connecting with and supporting the theatre community.

I am delighted to be the one to get the intern blog started. After meeting all the interns in the last few weeks I can tell you what great energy they have and how ambitious they all are to pursue their interest in theatre arts and education. On this blog I hope to introduce you to many of them. They are coming from all over the U.S. and have some great stories to tell you about their experiences here at SCT.

I can’t wait to hear from them and I hope you can respond to anything you relate to or want to comment on. I look forward to hearing from you as well!

Anna Renzetti, PR intern

Seattle Children’s Theatre