Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What YOU are saying about "Pharaoh Serket"

Once again, we have polled our opening weekend audiences to see what they thought of our production, in this case the world premiere of Pharaoh Serket and the Lost Stone of Fire. Here is just a small sampling of some of the early responses:


My two sons and I attended a performance last Thursday night. It was excellent; well laid out with one of the best and most innovative set-designs I have seen compared to many performances.

SCT has been a staple in our family for ten years. Once a month, rain or shine, I have a “date” with one of my kids and we venture forth to see live theatre. Linda Hartzell was my drama teacher at Lakeside. Theatre has been a part of my life since I was in the 6th grade.

We discussed Pharaoh and what kind of person he was after the performance. Many of the lessons he learned are true in the world we live today. The production cuts across all genders and ages and served as a poignant message about what it means to be a real “leader”.


Neil M.


My 12 year old daughter and I both enjoyed Pharaoh Serket very much. The story was fun and different from what we’ve seen in the past. The sets were amazing as usual and the costumes were also well done. All in all, an impressive production. The scribe was my favorite!!

Angela R.


It was very successfully suspenseful - which is not an experience that we've had with the plays that we've seen to date. Truthfully, I didn't have a clue what it was about and think I probably chose it for our series because I have two boys and it looked appealing. From the first ominous strains of music, my youngest son (6 years) was in my lap and never left it for the remainder of the play. He did point out to me that according to your age ranges, he was too young and I should have known better - however, he also said it was better than a movie (high praise.) As always, it stimulated much conversation amongst the four of us with each of us. The difference this time was that we talked about how we were surprised by the plot twists and turns. And yes...my kids definitely learned that they were glad not to be pharoahs...although they wouldn't mind having the trick knife.

As always, we're big fans of your stage artists who created the set and that spectacular mummy/zombie guy. Thank you for not revealing the secret because both my boys and my husband were all very keen to explore their thoughts on how it was done. I like a little mystery.

Great costumes - as usual.


Gillian A.


I saw the play with my 10-year old granddaughter and we were both thrilled with Pharaoh Serket. She thought she learned a lot about ancient Egypt and at the same time it was very entertaining for both of us.

Bev P.


Pharaoh Serket and the Lost Stone of Fire runs through March 7, 2009 in SCT's Charlotte Martin Theatre.